Life's Daily Challenges Forum
Welcome back to Life's Daily Challenges Forum, we are glad you're here! Please log in.
Welcome back to Life's Daily Challenges Forum, we are glad you're here! Please log in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is a place for inspiration and hope through life's daily challenges. Poems, quotes, testimony, comfort, support, and more!

RegisterHomeLog inLatest imagesGallery
Welcome New Members!
We're glad to have you. Please feel free to jump into current discussions, or start one of your own. Again, welcome to Life's Daily Challenges!
Latest topics
» Epic Entrepreneur
What is your challenge? Empty7/11/2017, 5:37 pm by Nancy

» Do others frustrate you?
What is your challenge? Empty9/29/2014, 3:15 pm by Nancy

» Which flower are you?
What is your challenge? Empty9/19/2014, 9:54 pm by Nancy

» Saturday fun
What is your challenge? Empty9/13/2014, 6:46 pm by Nancy

» Dr. Phil's "Ten Life Laws"
What is your challenge? Empty9/8/2014, 1:53 am by Nancy

» NEW FORUM TOPICS!!
What is your challenge? Empty9/3/2014, 12:32 am by Nancy

Visit us on Pinterest!
Visit DailyChallenges's profile on Pinterest.
Book Release
What is your challenge? Thumbn10

End of Summer Sale!!!
Use coupon code: 9SJBDYRW to save $2.00 off the original list price of $5.38, get your copy of Life's Daily Challenges (printed edition) now and save big!

To get your copy of the printed edition, please visit our: E-Store

Also available on Kindle for $3.00: Kindle Edition
Follow us on Facebook!
Start free!

Free website, marketing tools, training, etc.! BBB credited, W9 filed w/IRS, pay day on Friday through direct deposit!

Join Today!

What is your challenge?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nancy
Founder, Author
Founder, Author

Number of posts : 253
Humor : Life is funny how it works....so laugh out loud each day.

What is your challenge? Empty
PostSubject: What is your challenge?   What is your challenge? Empty1/2/2011, 1:08 pm

I would like to have some feed back regarding members needs, interests, or passion. I realize we all walk different paths in life. And even though we are all here for the same out come of peace, joy, etc.; we have different experiences and challenges along the way. Some may experience divorce, eating disorder, other health issues, financial issues, abuse of some kind in a relationship, loss of a loved one. Even passions: crafts, marketing, games, sports, and so on.

My goal is to meet everyone's needs. Therefore, I would like to expand the forum to do just that. I would like to know if there is a need for anything specific. For example, if there are several members interested in "divorce", then I will create a place specifically for that topic.

Please respond back to fill me in on the details of what passion or challenge you may be facing. Below I have listed a variety of topics to give you an idea, however, it does not have to be limited to those ideas only. You may have something in mind that I just simply did not think of; so if your interest is not listed below, please don't hesitate to include it in your response. If you are happy with the forum as is, you may still respond with a comment if you like so that I know your needs are covered.

Challenges: (Includes general discussion for all topics below)

- divorce, or relationship issues in general, resources, etc.
- physical, mental, or sexual abuse, resources, organizations or foundations, etc.
- health, including fitness as well as health problems such as eating disorders, or health illness such as any specific cancer, etc.
- financial issues, for example: jobs, savings, loans, grants, real estate, credit, etc.
- womens or mens specific needs, (can include health)
- parenting including, resources, guides, helpful hints, news, products, etc.
- family issues including siblings, parents, regrets, guilt, making amends, starting over or ending relationships, coming to terms, death, jealousy, etc.

Passions: (Includes general discussion for all topics below)

- internet including: resources, web design, marketing, fun sites, etc.
- saving our planet, going green - recycling, animals and/or nature, etc.
- sports: pro, or just for fun: football, baseball, boating, NASCAR, fish, camping etc.
- music including all varieties of music, bands, groups, news, events, concerts, etc.
- art including: general crafts, photography, paint, scrap-booking, drawing, etc.
- miscellaneous personal: such as reading, writing, video games, movies, electronics, politics, fame... products, news, events, sales, etc.
- holiday resources: crafts, recipes, kids ideas, etc.
- pets including dogs, cats, fish, reptiles, resources, products, sales, etc.
Back to top Go down
smilesalot
Reaching the stars
Reaching the stars

Number of posts : 3
Humor : will think on this

PostSubject: Re: What is your challenge?   What is your challenge? Empty1/12/2011, 2:30 am

My challenge now is concerning work. I recently resigned my position as a dispatcher for a transportation company .I was there 15 yrs Well I am interested in maybe starting a business of my own.I was hoping to get into some at home work -internet job to bring in some income while I am getting a plan together about a business .

So any ideas you have , I would appreciate hearing about !

Thanks so much in advance Smile

Smilesalot
Back to top Go down
Nancy
Founder, Author
Founder, Author

PostSubject: Re: What is your challenge?   What is your challenge? Empty1/12/2011, 1:15 pm

Good morning,

Sorry, I guess I didn't understand your previous message. I do have one thing that I would like to recommend to you before I forget, and that is a group at BraveHeart which might be of help to you. It is called "Emerge", and it is about expanding your personal & professional potential. So the women there may have even more information, tips, and resources to lend you than I might. Here's the direct link if you are interested:Emerge

And I do think we will be adding a forum here specifically for professional goals, careers, and business as well. So in time you may be able to find additional help and resources here regarding the same issue.

What I do know is that there are literally thousands of work at home websites over the Internet & you really have to be careful about who you go with because many of them are scams! If I were you I would really investigate (even the BBB) a company before you make any investments. And I say investment because they "all" require some kind of payment, fee, or what have you before you even get started. And then there are many that promise this "Great" income, "unheard of income" that you'll make. These are very, very unlikely! And even if you do make any amount of money, it isn't without a lot of time invested, a lot of marketing, and a lot of clients to get you to the point of a regular income. And so many of them will not even tell you up front "what" their company is about, what they sell, or are in business for until you make that investment....which is a bunch of bull! In other words they don't want to tell you upfront because they are afraid you'll turn the other way. So the best thing to do in these cases is simply that....turn away! So, to be honest....it is better to just start your own business. Invest the money on yourself (who you can trust); spend the time building your business instead of these phony websites with poor promises; and market your business instead of theirs. That is my opinion.

Last but not least, I have a question for ya....what are you planing to go into business for? Doing what? I might be able to better guide you in that direction as well if I knew what you had in mind particularly.

Hope this helps, have a great day! Wink
Back to top Go down
smilesalot
Reaching the stars
Reaching the stars

PostSubject: Re: What is your challenge?   What is your challenge? Empty1/12/2011, 6:56 pm

HI Nancy

Thank you so much for the quick reply and your compassionate nature.

I apprecitate your tips about the home jobs, I think I can see after much research exactly what you mean .I will turn away from that .

My idea for a business you ask? Well I was thinking of some kind of resource outreach center .

But something that can help the down and out people of this world -to give them help and hope ~

I probably need more thought and prayer on this -so I will be back in touch ~ when I have more answers .

For now thanks to you and your site for all that you are doing here Nancy

God Bless You ~ :cute flower:
Back to top Go down
Nancy
Founder, Author
Founder, Author

PostSubject: Re: What is your challenge?   What is your challenge? Empty1/12/2011, 10:48 pm

A resource outreach center huh, very nice! Locally or internationally? Would it be a non-profit 501C3, or a business that you earn profits from? What services do you have in mind to provide? Financial assistance, physical or mental health benefits, food, clothing, etc.? Just curious is all.

What ever you decide to do, you are more than welcome to advertise it here on the forum when you are up & ready, okay. Anything that is supportive to other people through their troubled times is appropriate for advertising here. Just let me know when ever you have everything planned out.

And as far as money between now & then, as you mentioned to earn a little extra ahead of time....perhaps you could find something locally part time that you could work into your current schedule that might provide you with the opportunity to have a little extra cash to put away....just a thought. At least that is something that you can trust compared to these on-line W.A.H. websites.
Back to top Go down
smilesalot
Reaching the stars
Reaching the stars

PostSubject: Re: What is your challenge?   What is your challenge? Empty1/13/2011, 4:07 am

Hi again ..yes it would probably be a non-profit , my husband wants to start something like a weartherization program for people who doesn't have money to fix lil things around the home .

Thanks for the insight Nancy thus far and for letting me know that I can adver.here .

You are simply great ..!

so long for now ..I'll be in touch ..

Katrinka
Back to top Go down
portalcoach
Author
Author

Number of posts : 2
Humor : There is humour in everything we are given

PostSubject: Re: What is your challenge?   What is your challenge? Empty1/18/2011, 3:36 pm

Hi Katrinka, If you have resigned your job of 15 years, you did that for a reason. Before you jump into another "JOB" I offer this suggestion.

Take some time and a piece of paper and write out what you loved about your old job (yes, there were things you did love) and what you absolutely do not want to bring into your life again with your next career.

Once you have your 2 lists, set them aside until you have completed the next step.

On a fresh sheet of paper, list all the activities you could lose yourself in for days at a time. The kinds of things you love to do more than anything else. Include things you do really well, hobbies, things you have loved to do since your were a kid. Your stress reliever activities .... list them all. When you are done, review and choose the top 3 Love to Do's. Now look for the talents you bring into doing those activities. Is there a common thread to your talents? Now ask about which personal strengths do you bring into these activities .... patience, dedication to detail, community, humour, creativity, adventure. etc. Ask what special part of you, you bring to what you love.

Compare what you loved about your old job with your "love to do" activities list and see how you brought the best of yourself into doing a job for 15 years that no longer serves you. Determine what you will not allow into your next career by looking at the half of your old job list.

Finally, what kind of work could you find, create, or partner with others that would use your greatest talents and strengths, in way that you never go to work again, but only go to play in a place that brings you total satisfaction.

Back to top Go down
Nancy
Founder, Author
Founder, Author

PostSubject: Re: What is your challenge?   What is your challenge? Empty1/19/2011, 1:27 pm

Sue,

I just simply LOVE that message! Thank you! I know that it was originally posted for Katrinka (which I hope is beneficial to her); but on my own personal level it simply reaffirms for me that I am on the right track. I call this the "old fork in the road", "which way do we go?" is what we ask ourselves. So many times through life (we, in general) seem as though you are traveling blind folded and can't see where we are actually heading. And because we tend to believe in the things we see, and not so much in the things we must have faith in, we find that we question ourselves on rather or not we are on the right track. Your message is a really simple way to test yourself, and confirm which direction to go in. And we just simply have to continue having faith, keep putting one foot in front of the other, and get through the dark tunnel. Eventually we will see the light, and "know" we made the right choice.

Thanks for sharing Sue!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your challenge?   What is your challenge? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your challenge?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Life's Daily Challenges Forum :: The Journal :: Today's Inspiration-
Jump to: